|Real Property Tax Exemption Applications|
In light of the Governor’s mandates, and in order to help keep our community safe, the Juanita Helms Administration Center is closed to the public. Our department is currently working remotely and with a limited staff. To contact a staff member regarding an exemption please email us at Assessing_Clerks@fnsb.us. Your inquiry will be assigned and answered as soon as possible, we thank you for your patience and understanding during this exceptional time.
ATTENTION! The deadline to apply for an exemption or to submit your disabled veteran disability-rating letter is now April 15, 2020. You can submit your completed application by emailing it to the Assessing Office or by sending it to us via Postal Mail.
If you are interested in applying for a Residential, Senior Citizen, Disabled Veteran, Senior Widow/Widower or Disabled Vet Widow/Widower Exemption please review the information below.
v Residential Exemptions
The Residential Exemption Application is the bottom half of the annual Assessment Notice that was mailed to you on January 29, 2020. That application has been completed for you with the relevant property description and owner information, you only need to sign and date the application and then submit it.
· On Line Residential Exemption Application
If you do not have you annual Assessment Notice and corresponding Residential Exemption Application, you can use the form we have made available on line. You will need to use a current Assessment Notice, Tax Bill or you can utilize our Property Database to look up your parcel specific information that is required on the application. If you need help, please email our staff at Assessing_Clerks@fnsb.us, we are happy to assist you!
· To Timely Submit your Application email us at Assessing_Clerks@fnsb.us, or mail it to us via postal mail. The Deadline to Apply is April 15, 2020. Please keep in mind, in order for your application to be considered timely filed, it must be electronically date stamped or post-marked by April 15, 2020. It must also contain an original signature. If you choose to email the application please also drop the original in the mail once the stay at home directive has been lifted.
v Senior Citizen, Disabled Veteran or Widow/Widower Exemptions
The State Exemption Applications are not mailed to property owners annually as the Residential Exemption Applications are. To obtain an application please click on the application that you are interested in, or email our staff at Assessing_Clerks@fnsb.us.
· To inquire whether you qualify for a State Exemption read the Exemption Facts, which outlines the criteria to qualify.
· You can print or electronically complete the application on your computer however; your original signature is still required. If you complete the application on your computer and submit it to our office electronically, we will consider your email your signature for the time being. If you print the application, please be sure to write clearly on it so that we can timely process your application.
· Attaching required supporting documents
Once you complete your application, if possible, submit with it the necessary proof of birth date documentation. If you are disabled veteran, in addition to your proof of birth date documentation you will need to submit a current disability-rating letter from the Veterans Administration. If you are a widow/widower applicant you will need to submit documentation in addition to those already mentioned, thoroughly review the documentation needed to apply on the Exemption Facts sheet or contact our office for assistance.
· To Timely Submit your Application email us at Assessing_Clerks@fnsb.us, or mail it to us via postal mail. The Deadline to Apply is April 15, 2020. Please keep in mind your application must be electronically date stamped or post marked by April 15, 2020 to be considered timely filed and it must contain an original signature. If you choose to email the application please also drop the original in the mail once the stay at home directive has been lifted.
· We will follow up with you if all required documents are not received we will contact you to obtain whatever may be missing and necessary for processing your application, however please keep in the mind it is still necessary to submit your application by the April 15, 2020 deadline for it to be considered timely filed.