Borough Clerk's Office
The Borough Clerk's Office provides the professional link between citizens, local governing bodies, borough administration and government agencies at all levels.
Areas of responsibility include
• Publish and give notice of borough assembly meetings.
• Keep a record of all assembly meetings and make available for public inspection ordinances, resolutions, rules, regulations, and codes.
• Administer municipal elections including regular, special, and service area elections. Prepare petitions and verify signatures for initiative, referendum, and recall elections.
• Custodian of the official municipal seal and attests (confirms to be genuine) deeds, and other documents, such as ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and contracts, by signing and affixing the municipal seal.
• Serves as the Borough's Records Management Officer, providing for storage and retrieval of borough records.
Contact Information and Office Hours
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of municipal holidays.
Physical Address: 907 Terminal Street, Fairbanks, Alaska 99701Mailing Address:
PO Box 71267, Fairbanks, Alaska 99707-1267
Phone number: (907) 459-1401
Fax number: (907) 459-1224
By calling (907) 459-1401 after 5:00 p.m. or on weekends, you can listen to a recording that gives the details on upcoming Borough Assembly meetings.